Tuesday 19 November 2013

Department of good resolutions and new beginnings:
I have planted 10 Menton tulip bulbs in the bed by the Rosa Mundi. Six precious Sprengeri bulbs have gone into the "meadow", well marked and protected from squirrels by mesh. Sorbet which is like Marilyn should go in a pot. I have 40 lily flowered bulbs: Aladdin, Jacqueline, Elegant Lady and Ballerina for the bed beside the shed.
Along with them will go Toronto, Quebec and Girlfriend, but I'm afraid I've made a mistake in getting Greigii tulips: they might be too short for the size of the flower. We shall see.
Fifty allium sphaerocephalum (I think) have been put in everywhere, each one with a label, as well as 10 white allium in the north border of the conservatory garden.

I've started cutting down the dahlias and must remember to get some tubers of the orange one to Corinne in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment